Bjorn Wiinblad Studio. Wiinblad begins his studio work in 1943 when he starts to work at Lars Syberg’s workshop in Taastrup, his first pieces are produced by working outside normal opening hours. Having leaned the Cows-Horn Slip decorating technique he decorates his wheel thrown pieces with strong colours. Wiinblad’s first exhibition is held in Copenhagen in 1945. In 1951/52 he established his home and workshops at Hjortekaer thus ending his dependence on Lars Syberg. In 1955 he wins a silver medal at the inaugural International Ceramics Festival in Cannes. Wiinblad is commissioned to decorate the restaurant at Tivoli Gardens which includes a tiled floor decorated in blue and white. In 1966 he moves to “The Blue House in Lyngby” which he rents from craft artist Brita Drewson, this turns out to be the final move for his studio and is today a museum to his life and work, he eventually buys the property outright in 1978. Following Wiinblads death in 2006 the Bjorn Wiinblad foundation is established to preserve the Blue House and to eventually open it as a museum, this happens in 2010. The blue house now produce a number of Wiinblads designs it is possible to distinguish these from the original by the lack Bjorn Wiinblads personal cypher and the date.