Maria Philippi b 1927 d 2004 Served her apprenticeship with Monika Maetzel in Hamburg between 1951 and 1954. In 1959 she went on to complete her master craftsmans certificate at the Staatl Workschool for Ceramic in Höhr-Grenzhausen with Hubert Griemert and worked at the workshop of Otto, Albrecht & Görge Hohlt in Katzbach. Between 1960 and 1962 she worked as a teacher at the Keramik-Fachschule in Stoob, Austria and then moved on to the Soholm factory on Bornholm where she stayed until 1964 when she left to set up her own studio at Merzhausen near Freiburg in the Southwest of Germany where she worked until 1998.
The pitcher shown here is a part of Soholm's Northern Lights Series
Showing all 3 results